Monday, May 19, 2008

Catch up time

I've been busy and sick, which is a bad combination since being busy while sick inevitably leads to being sick longer than necessary. Due to the long interval between posting, we have lots to share, mostly in photos, so here goes.

These are our Pascha baskets from back in April. Pascha came much later than western Easter this year, causing confusion amongst our family and friends. Here is a fairly concise explanation of the disparity, for those who are interested: http://orrologion.blogspot.com/2008/03/on-dating-pascha-or-why-orthodox-in.html
The dark brownish-red eggs were dyed with onion skins, something new we tried this year and they turned out very nicely.


Maggie, aka the world's only midwestern bear dog, fell asleep under the crafting table and got covered with bits.


The girls had a nice day at the zoo recently, and Sophia made a new friend.




I tried to capture the beauty of the lilacs at twilight, but you really can't photograph the lovely smell, so this was the best I could do.


Anna was hanging around and doing that funny scrunchy nose thing she does, but due to the low light the photo is a bit blurry.


Margaret created this lovely greeting for me on Mother's Day that made me smile.


We have growing things in our Square Foot Garden beds at last. The black pots on the left have potatoes in them, the beds have beans, tomatoes, some herbs, lettuce, kale, spinach, and swiss chard in them.


I have more, but I'd better save them because blogger is acting up and I don't want to lose what I've posted so far.

No comments: