Thursday, October 11, 2007

Scone #2: Coffecake Scones- A floury concoction


Pun intended. I forgot if I put in 1 1/4 cup flour or 2 1/4 cups flour as intended. The dough was very sticky. So I gradually added tablespoon after tablespoon of flour until you could handle it. I just should have added 1 cup. It was very good! It spread a few inches... But I think that is ok. I made a flower on it with cranberries. It kind of cracked on the dry crumble topping. I was running out of butter! It called for half a stick (in the topping recipe), but I had to use two tablespoons :). Oh well!

2 comments:

Keri said...

Another successful baking venture! I think the less-flour-than-the-recipe-calls-for technique is an interesting approach. They were very soft (and yummy) and the dishes are still in the sink 12 hours later :). Never mind, I'll wash them before I go to bed...

Anthony said...

I had a bite of this on my way out the door for work this morning. It had already been demolished for the most part so I'm glad to see how pretty it was. It tasted very good, soft and cake-like!